CHI St. Joseph’s Health is a 25-bed, critical access hospital providing a broad range of Inpatient and Outpatient Services as well as a 24-hour Emergency Department staffed by emergency physicians. St. Joseph's is also home to:
St. Joseph's provides care to residents and their families in Hubbard County and portions of Becker, Cass, and Wadena counties. Cities served include Park Rapids, Menahga, Nevis, Osage, Lake George, Akeley, Laporte, Walker, and beyond. We are located in a growing, rural resort area of 23,475 people with a summer population in excess of 50,000. As a major financial contributor, St. Joseph's has an impact in our area of approximately $36 million each year. It is the second largest area employer with an annual payroll of approximately $18 million, plus another $4.5 million in benefits.
- St. Joseph's is licensed for 50 beds.
- An average of 150 babies are born in our hospital annually.
- More than 3,020 weight-loss surgeries (Dec. 2011) have been performed since the program started in 2001.
- Last year, we performed 36,195 outpatient procedures and handled 10,945 emergency room visits.
- Approximately 360 employees work here, making St. Joseph's one of the largest employers in the area.
- The average length of hospital stay is 3.47 days.
- St. Joseph's Community Dental Clinic had 5,876 patient visits.
Catholic Health Initiatives is a national nonprofit health system with headquarters in Englewood, CO. The faith-based system operates in 18 states and includes 80 hospitals; 40 long-term care, assisted- and residential-living facilities; two community health-services organizations; two accredited nursing colleges; and home health agencies. In fiscal year 2012, CHI provided more than $715 million in charity care and community benefit, including services for the poor, free clinics, education and research. With total annual revenues of more than $10.7 billion and approximately 86,000 employees, CHI ranks as the nationÕs second-largest faith-based health system.