When surgery is a necessary part of medical treatment, CHI St. John’s Health provides the option of meeting those surgical needs by trusted, on-staff surgeons, with the convenience of staying close to home. Our primary goal is to provide the patient with the best care possible from the time they enter the hospital until they are discharged to home. This care includes individualized attention to the physical, emotional, spiritual and educational needs that patients may have.
At St. John’s there are a variety of surgical procedures available on inpatient or outpatient basis. Procedures are performed by on-staff physicians and outreach specialists with trained surgical teams assisting. We continue to add new, state-of-the-art procedures and techniques to our capabilities in order to make local medical treatments as convenient as possible.
Surgical procedures available include:
- Gastric bypass or adjustable banding weight-loss surgery
- Cataract surgery
- Dental surgery
- Endoscopy procedures
- General surgery
- Hernia repair
- Laparoscopic-assisted vaginal hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic Nissen fundaplasty
- Laparoscopic appendectomy
- Laparoscopic Burch procedure
- Laparoscopic gall bladder
- Laparoscopic hernia repair
- Laparoscopic ovarian cysts
- Pediatric ear tubes
- Urology surgery
- Vascular surgery
CHI St. John’s Health provides anesthesia services from Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNAs) available for scheduled procedures and on-call coverage 24-hours a day. In the operating room services cover general surgery, spinal, epidurals, blocks, and Monitored Anesthesia Care (MAC) for sedation.
Our CRNAs have state-of-the-art equipment available to them and maintain certification from the Council on Recertification of Nurse Anesthetist and in advanced cardiac life support.
Other services provided include:
- Epidural steroid injection/trigger point injections
- Epidurals of pain relief following surgery
- Epidurals/intrathecals for use in obstetrics
- MAC for colonoscopy and endoscopy
- MAC sedation for ER procedures
- MAC sedation for imaging scans
- Trauma resuscitation
- Pain management consultation