Are composite veneers worth a try? What are these types of veneers? How can it be beneficial to me? Composite veneers or same-day veneers are the types of dental veneers that were a replacement for your damaged teeth with a natural-looking replica of real teeth. As explained by this female dentist near Salisbury, it is necessary to consult a dentist before doing a procedure for composite veneers.
Composite veneers are the type of dental veneers made to replace damaged teeth for a natural-looking replica of real teeth. These type of veneers are made of tooth-coloured resin and are durable. Composite veneers are usually popularly requested on cosmetic dentistry as it matches the colour of your original teeth and increases the overall brightness of your smile. Composite veneers are also called same-day veneers, as it can be done in a day. A composite veneer can be applied quickly and can last up to four to eight years.
A weak or chipped tooth and damaged teeth are the candidates of composite veneers. These type of veneers can also be used for stained teeth. If you have minor misaligned teeth, then you can avail composite veneer as it will give you more straight teeth, in appearance. Composite veneers are also cost-effective cosmetic dentistry, as the resin materials that are used are less expensive. Making your smile and appearance is a good thing, as it added to your self-confidence. But always consult with your doctor or dentist if you are eligible to undergo a procedure for composite veneers as there may be complications or allergies that you may receive from the dental procedure.
Types of Composite veneers
Cosmetic dentistry is popular with individuals who seek to enhance their smile and overall appearance. And composite veneers are one of the common types of veneers that are patronized by people. In choosing the composite veneers, two types are available: the indirect composite veneers and direct composite veneers.
- The indirect composite veneers type are made of resin materials. They are indirectly made outside your mouth in a dental lab or your dentist’s clinic. In this type of veneer, your dentist will let you wear temporary veneers while waiting for your indirect veneers to be made. Your indirect composite veneers will be attached to you with an adhesive, on your next visit. These type of composite veneers can fight fractures and endure abrasions than the direct composite veneers. But be sure to have your wallet ready, as this type of composite veneer will cost you a lot.
- For the direct composite veneers, a type is also made of resin materials and are directly attached to your teeth. Your dentist can prepare your composite veneers in a short time and apply it to you in a day. And the procedure for the direct composite veneers is slightly invasive.
Composite veneers are a part of cosmetic dentistry that helps you treat any damage in your teeth. It also helps you brighten your smile and increase your self-confidence. Here are some of the problems that composite veneers can help with.
- Composite veneers can help in treating discolouration of your teeth.
- If you have worn-down teeth, then composite veneers can help you with that.
- Broken or chipped teeth can be helped with composite veneers.
- Irregular or uneven shaped teeth can be treated by composite veneers.
- A composite veneer can apply to you if you have gaps between your teeth or diastema.
If you considered doing a procedure for composite veneers, then you need to know the benefits it can give you. Here are the benefits that composite veneers you can receive.
- The procedure for composite veneers can be done in one day or session. There is no need for any laboratory work or dental resizing.
- Composite veneers are easy, quick and cost-effective than other types of veneers.
- There is no need to have a dental reformation for this type of veneer and can be reversed.
- As it is a one-day session, you can right away see the final result of your composite veneer before the procedure. It is important that the patient can choose the colour and can familiarize with their new dental veneer.
- Composite veneers have functionally and aesthetically excellent results, as it provides an outstanding quality that can be used for the long run.
- The process of attaching the composite veneers to your teeth is painless.
- Choosing composite veneers helps you correct the shape of your teeth, hide the stained tooth and the size and position of your teeth.
If composite veneers have advantages or benefits, they also have disadvantages. Here are the disadvantages of composite veneers, and these follows:
- The material used for composite veneers is weaker compared to porcelain veneers. And can often be chipped off.
- Composite veneers need to be frequently repaired or replaced then the porcelain veneer.
As described at www.ourdentalcare.com.au this is the procedure of applying composite veneers to your teeth that your dentist will administer to you.
- The process will begin with your dentist thoroughly cleaning and preparing your teeth to apply composite veneers.
- After the cleaning of your teeth, the dentist may remove the thin layer of enamel for the veneer to stick to your teeth.
- After removing enamel, depending on the type of composite you choose, the procedure will be slightly different.
- For direct composite veneers, your dentist will let you chose the colour and will measure the size of your teeth. Then an enamel will be stick to your teeth for adhesion. An adhesive glue will be applied, and the composite resin materials will be attached. And the thin sheets of composite materials are attached on the surface of your tooth. And will be hardened with the help of light.
- For indirect composite veneers, your dentist will mould your teeth and make it outside your mouth. If your composite veneers are prepared, it will be etched on your teeth with the help of adhesive glue. And will be hardened with the use of light. For the finishing touch, your dentist will clean and polish it.
- In the process of applying the composite veneers, you may or may not need anesthesia.
Composite veneers are a part of cosmetic dentistry that helps in treating and beautifying one’s smile. It is also safe to always consult your dentist or doctor before undergoing any dental procedure.